Have you wanted to find a work from home job that pays well but doesn’t require sacrificing your time with your kids? Look no further! We’ve compiled a list of 11 most highest-paying work from home jobs for parents.
The number of people working online to earn money is increasing yearly, and this trend will continue.
The work from home job opportunities is not only attractive to young people but also attractive to older ones too. Many companies have started to recruit more senior employees as part-time workers. They can earn money online while at home, without having to leave the comfort of their own homes.
The key to making money online is to focus on the right niche, which is why we have decided to cover the topic of work from home jobs and online freelance job seekers.
1. Business Consultant – Paying $130-$200 / Hr
As a business consultant, you would be responsible for helping businesses improve their operations and bottom line. To be a successful business consultant, you need to have strong problem-solving skills and be able to think on your feet.
These include identifying new products, building relationships with existing customers, developing business plans for the company’s long-term growth, and providing strategic advice to senior management on corporate development.
- Developing sales strategies for growth markets
- Identifying core business lines to expand sales and profitability
- Discover strategic partnerships with key customers and suppliers to increase revenue potential
- Creating marketing plans to support business objectives
- Working with management on existing product lines or market segments
- Developing new product launches or service offerings through market research
Where to apply:
Stringent deadlines to deliver results-driven tasks, manage your daily working hours and reduce some mental stress from pressure work.
2. Graphic Designer – Paying $50-$100 / Hr
As a graphic designer, you would be responsible for creating visual concepts to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers. To be a successful graphic designer, you must have strong artistic skills and proficiency in multiple design programs. Responsible for developing visual content for e-commerce sites and web applications, including web designers for packaging materials, brochures, and other promotional materials.
- Designing user interfaces, web pages, logos, brochures
- Developing graphics for marketing collateral, and print advertising, including mobile sites
- Designing graphics in the most popular tools: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Canva, Procreate, Inkscape, and Corel Vector
- Creative strategies to meet customer expectations
- Ensuring the design is 100% accurate and meets requirements
Where to apply:
Constantly comparing your work to others often requires lengthy working hrs, experience as a creative designer, and criticism from clients. Finally, one of the hardest things to deal with is rejection.
3. Virtual Assistant – Paying $35-$50 / Hr
As a virtual assistant, you would be responsible for remotely performing administrative tasks for clients. To be a successful virtual assistant, you must be highly organized and have excellent time management skills by helping, guiding, managing, and coordinating the business’s work by ensuring that all aspects are handled smoothly. You’ll be responsible for providing online marketing, advertising, customer service, account management, and sales support.
- Constant communication with customers via email or cold calling
- Answer questions related to online marketing, data management campaigns
- Scheduling appointments for clients
- Managing client relations
- Prepare and send product proposals to clients
- Prepare invoices for clients/employees
- Provide potential customers
Where to apply:
It’s hard to find potential clients. You’re always “ON” and need to be self-motivated and have strong self-discipline. Finally, there are no benefits.
4. Social Media Manager – Paying $30-$50 / Hr
As a social media manager, you would be responsible for managing the social media accounts for businesses or individuals. To be a successful social media manager, you need to be active on social media and have excellent written communication skills. Responsible for creating marketing plans and budgets, executing campaigns, building relationships with social media influencers, and ensuring proper use of social channels for maximum effectiveness.
- Manage all social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Develop a strategy for growth and monetization of social channel
- Create content that is engaging to customers
- Build strong relationships with influencers and engage in real-time
- Increase brand awareness and sales
Where to apply:
Hard to target the right audience, getting potential leads from the minimum budget, quick response of Q/A by influencers
5. SEO – Search Engine Optimization – Paying $150-$120 / Hr
As an SEO expert, Leading search engine optimization, web analytics, and website content, such as web analytics, search engine ranking analysis, links building, and email marketing. You’ll also have the capability for creative direction, including identifying key market segments and creating effective messaging.
- Site audits and creating a strategic plan.
- Identify potential competitors in the search engine market.
- Strategies to increase target keywords rankings in search engines
- Must know how to manage a website using CMS like WordPress, BigCommerce, Shopify, Magento, etc.
- Use advanced tools to track rankings: Ahrefs, SemRush, Moz, Analytics, etc.
- Use advanced tools to monitor search engine traffic, such as Google Analytics, Similarweb, SerpStat, UberSuggest, SERanking, etc.
- Analyze and maintain website content library, including website structure, site maps, copy, imagery, etc.
- knowledge of current search engine trends and algorithms, as well as current best practices in SEO
Where to apply:
Generate more quality traffic as well search engine rankings, get ROI (Return on Investment) from organic results, provide quality content, Google penalties, if it goes any wrong
6. Creative Content Writing – Paying $100-$200 / Hr
As a Content Writer, you are responsible for writing, editing, and proofreading for services/products, including web content, e-books, videos, and white papers. Potential customers and clients should use your content. The content marketing strategy determines what kind of content will work best for which audience.
- Write engaging and compelling content that resonates with our audience.
- Write clear copy for blog posts, articles, and press releases.
- Develop content that is innovative, useful, and relevant for customers, stakeholders, audiences
- Write in the clear using a variety of prose styles (sales techniques to be used to increase revenue)
- Create original content using top industry experts to drive traffic
- Create editorial content in both written and video formats (e.g., documentaries)
- Check grammar and proofreading from these tools: Grammarly, ProWritingAid, Quillbot, etc.
- Check your plagiarism content from these tools: Copyscape, Quetext, Scribbr, Turnitin, etc.
Where to apply:
Content writing isn’t an easy and glamorous job; how to deliver engaging and result-oriented to the client, avoid revisions multiple times, research, and creative skills.
7. Web Application / Software Development – Paying $200-$400 / Hr
- Build software using a variety of programming languages
- Minimum of 6 months experience in UX design or UX/UI design working on web applications or at least six months of experience developing web applications (or websites) using frameworks such as HTML5/CSS3/JS.
- Designing and implementing web applications with a focus on security, reliability, usability
- Developing software/web applications using frameworks such as JSP (JavaServer Pages), ASP (Active Server Pages), or other frameworks such as AngularJS or BlazeMVC
Where to apply:
As a freelance programmer, there are fewer resources, harder to manage tasks, narrow skill set, suitable for short-term projects, and temporary employment not for long-term business relationships.
8. E-commerce Product Videos – Paying $295-$395 / Short Video
As an E-Commerce Product Video (EPV) maker, you are responsible for creating and maintaining a portfolio of short-form video content that showcases the product features in various ways. Your goal is to provide customers with the best possible experience when interacting with sales products while meeting their budgets and expectations. It includes creating promotional videos, developing and executing marketing campaigns, and performing other tasks related to video production for the E-commerce store.
- Create marketing videos for e-commerce products
- Deliver high-quality videos within deadlines with brand image and integrity
- Create compelling content for all channels of distribution, including paid ads, Facebook Ads, YouTube ads, and other channels
- Record narrations in multiple languages and work closely with audio engineers to ensure precise audio quality in all languages
- Takes advantage of the latest technology, best practices, and monitoring tools
- Create a product portfolio and strategy to drive sales
- Work closely with the most popular video maker tools: Abobe Creative Cloud, Canva, Magisto, Animoto, Camtasia, etc.
Where to apply:
Work can be inconsistent, lack benefits, an easy target for criticism, and a stressful job with no restlessness. In the end, no more benefits for long-term contracts.
9. Video Transcription – Paying $17-$40 / Hr
As a Video Transcriptionist, you’re responsible for transcribing video and audio content for various industry verticals, including lectures and interviews. The work involves identifying the best sources of information from multiple sources and transcribing audio and video content.
It includes transcribing audio into text and performing other tasks such as automatically transcribing voiceover or subtitles. The transcriptionist is responsible for ensuring that the content is accurate, professional, and consistent in terms of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style.
- Identify and evaluate audio content in multiple formats (e.g., voiceover, video, subtitles)
- Provide high-quality transcription of spoken audio (voiceover) and video content (e.g., interviews, presentations)
- Ensure that the final product is accurately transcribed
- Transcribe audio files for broadcast and online media
- Upload files to a remote server as audio or video files and provide the URL of the file to be transcribed
- Try to use different Transcription apps to work fast and accurately: Sonix, Trint, Audext, GoTranscript, Otter, etc.
Where to apply:
Critical for effective communication, Get more done in less time, improve your speaking, and automatically record your voice.
10. Online Tutoring – Paying $50-$100 / Hr
As an Online Tutor, you must provide online tutoring for a wide range of subjects such as English, Chemistry, Math, and Biology. They are expanding their business to include other topics such as Business, Finance, and Accounting. Your responsibility is to drive revenue and increase customer loyalty while being flexible and able to adapt to market changes.
- Identify and recruit students interested in learning online tutoring
- Provide students with a personalized learning experience through video tutorials
- Develop customized content based on each student’s needs and tailor lessons to fit their learning style
- Focus on customer satisfaction across all channels, including online learning products, and classroom instruction
- Act as an advocate for the company’s brand on social media
- communication with students/customers through written product documentation, phone calls, and email
- Develop appropriate marketing materials (copywriting) for different product segments (e.g., free vs. premium)
Where to apply:
Tutoring must be affordable and rewarding, and allow students to experience the benefits of higher education, costs associated with each lesson, and stressful for first-time tutors.
11. NFT Animation – Paying $100-$350 / Short Video
As an NFT Animation expert, your responsibility for creating and optimizing all animation assets for the NFTs includes all aspects of the graphics, animations, and gameplay. They also manage the creation and modification of all assets such as 3D models, textures, shaders, and other software used in the design of an NFT and work directly with artists to help them create their work and provide feedback.
- Creation of animation assets for the NFTs (including characters, props, etc.)
- Storytelling through animation to the web, mobile, TV, and other platforms
- Writing original scripts or providing voice acting talent to create content such as GIFs or videos (e.g., animation)
- Work with other departments such as audio engineering to create music tracks
- Work with famous tools like NFT Creator, Krita, SketchAR, PixelChain, Nifty Ink, etc.
Where to apply:
Creating animated videos is a tough job. Need massive experience in the animation field, produce commercials to feature-length productions, Huge budget with Endless hours of work. Most companies struggle due to the lack of quality in the process.
How much are work from home jobs for parents?
The amount you can earn from working at home as a parent depends on several factors. For example, if you’re freelancing, your clientele will affect how much money you bring in.
There are opportunities for parents to earn a good living by working from home. Many parents find freelancing allows them to spend more time with their kids while still making a solid income.
If you’re looking to get started most highest paying work from home jobs for parents, we recommend checking out some freelancing websites like Upwork, Fiverr, PPH, LinkedIn, etc.
What are the pros of working from home as a parent?
It can be highly convenient and allow you to spend more time with your children. On the other hand, it can be isolating and distracting, making it difficult to get work done.
Here are some of the pros of working from home as a parent:
- You have more control over your schedule. This can be great for parents juggling childcare commitments with work demands.
- You don’t have to commute. It can save you time and money, especially if you live far from your workplace.
- You can create a flexible schedule that works around your family.
How do I find freelance work?
One way is to look online for job postings, reach out to companies directly, and ask if they need any freelance help.
There are a few websites to find freelance work online. Some popular websites for finding online jobs include UpWork, Freelancer, and Indeed. You can also search for “freelance jobs [city name].”
Network with other freelancers. You can also search for freelancing jobs by networking with other professionals in your field. Connect with people on LinkedIn or attend the local meet.
Is it secure freelance jobs?
When it comes to finding secure freelance jobs, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of success:
- Identify your skills and strengths, and then look for job postings that match your skill set.
- Create a strong portfolio that showcases your best work.
- Reach out to potential clients and let them know what you can offer.
By taking these steps, you’ll be in a much better position to find secure freelance jobs that match your abilities.
There are plenty of most highest paying work from home jobs for parents out there for parents. If you have the necessary skill set and qualifications, one of these jobs might be right for you. Business consulting, graphic design, event planning, virtual assisting, and social media management are all great options for those looking to work from home and earn a good living while still spending time with their kids.